Saturday, September 03, 2005

Easy Training Day

Didn't do much today. Went to visit w/ the inmates at Durham Co Detention Facility in the morning. I always feel pretty good when I do that volunteer work. Its really good that my church and some of the other churches send folks out to minister to the people that are in jail. I am reminded when Jesus said, "As you treat the least of these, so you treat me" (my paraphrase, I don't know the exact biblical quote).

Left the jail and went for my swim workout. Did 2950 yds today. I felt pretty good. I'm still very slow but I feel like I'm making improvement. Between following the TriSwimCoach.com workouts and my weekly sessions w/ my swim coach, I'm hoping for a good swim at IMAZ.

Tinkered w/ my rear derailleur this afternoon. Trying to tweak the shifting so its smoother. I hope I didn't screw anything up though. I'm not much of a bike mechanic and I'm doing the 82 mile "Tour Des Gaps" in Mt Airy tomorrow morning. This is my first year doing this ride. Its supposedly over 10,000 feet of climbing. I'll be giving my Seven Axiom a real test.

Later,
Rob

"Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude"

2 comments:

dan said...

Does race play role in hurricane relief?
The hurricane victims plucked from rooftops and slogging through waist-deep water on TV newscasts have been mostly the poor, usually black.
Interesting blog you have - good work Play full tilt poker the most popularity game anywhere

Jerome Jackson said...

Your blog is creative Keep up the great work. I'm sure you'd be interested in How to buy & sell window treatment on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.