Sunday, March 26, 2006

Taper Time


Made it through all the base training and now I've arrived at the taper. My last long ride was 100 miles + 45 min run. I went out to Sanford. Now I get to taper. This is where the workouts all decrease in volume to let my body get rested up for the big day.

I went swimming this morning for 3500 yds. I still felt a little sluggish. I'm guessing thats coming from the effects of my long weeks before. I'm hoping that I'll get that "bouncy" feeling by later this week.

Not too much less going on. I'm trying to watch what I eat, so that I don't ballon up now that my training is decreasing. I'm making a conscious decision to minimize refined sugar. I was/am a sugar junkie, so this should help keep the calories down. Also I've decided to give up coffee for this last two weeks before IM. My coach tells me that when I have coffee the morning of the race it'll give me that good jolt.

Thats all for now.
Peace,
Rob

No comments: