Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Golfer's Holiday





"and pay Moody Jr. 85 cents"

I had a blast last week in Los Angeles playing golf w/ my Dad. His buddy Mr. Cunnigan puts on an annual golf tournament in conjunction w/ their family reunion. We had almost 30 golfers and it was a ton of fun.

My dad played all three rounds and did really well. I'm so proud of my Dad. He's 78 and plays 3 times a week. He plays a good round of golf is really healthy and a lot of fun to hang out with. I joke w/ him that he's going to shoot is age one of these days.

We had so much fun cracking jokes and eating good food at Hometown Buffet. (You got to be careful though at HTB, because that food can easily make you overdo it). My Dad is also really fortunate to have his golfing buddies. They have a special bond and all have fun together. I hope when I get up there in age, I'll have something like that to look forward to.

We played 3 days of golf and the last day was the best for me. There's a number of bets that go on. Greenies (getting on in regulation and making a par or better). Also there's a skins game that goes on. The greenies pay 10 cents and the skins pay 25 cents. I had 1 skin and 6 greenies.

The funniest part of the tournament is at the end of each round when we pay out the bets. Everybody jokes and has a good time. You feel like you've won a $1000 even when you get 25 cents.

All in all it was great fun. Oh I almost forgot. To let you know how much fun it is when the bets are paid, I almost missed my flight. I had a 3:10 flight and left the golf course at 2:25 into LAX. It was close but I made it.

No comments: