Friday, July 21, 2006

Just Checking In

I haven't posted in awhile. I guess its because I haven't done any races for a couple of weeks. I'm starting to get the itch though for racing. There's a tri in Canton, NC in early Aug that I'm thinking about. Canton is in the western part of the state in the mountains and its really pretty up there. I'll think about it.

Since I'm not racing I'll give some shout outs to my peeps who are. My coach, John Hirsch is racing at Ironman Lake Placid. Dude has been doing some crazy training and is primed for grabbing one of those Kona Pro slots. I don't know how he does it since he's a lawyer AND pro triathlete.

Also a shout out to three guys from my tri team; the mightly Fleet Feet Racing will be rocking the team kit also at IMLP. My man Jay, Fernando, and Jeff. I know they'll be putting in work and coming up w/ excellent race results.

Then a shout out to two athletes I've been helping Charlotte and Chad. Charlotte has the heart of a champion and will show big improvements, and Chad is going out for the high school soccer team so we're building up his speed at the track. Big ups to C & C.

That's pretty much it. Not too much going on for me. I can't seem to discipline myself and get my weight back under 180 lbs. I was around 176 for IMAZ, this morning I was 182.5 on the scale. I've got to stop w/ the late night sherbert (Edy's Swiss Orange, umm).


Its been hot lately. We're rountinely having temps in the mid to upper 90's, especially the last two weeks. Hopefully it'll come down soon. It makes me think about Al Gore's movie, "An Inconvient Truth".

Lastly, the Tour de France has been da bomb! Floyd Landis' performance for stage 17th was epic! I couldn't stop watching and ended up being really late for work. I was at hope yelling and clapping at the TV while he was just blowing up the race.

That's all for know.

Peace,
Rob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Better slow down on the ice cream! I too have a weakness...

Love,
Lee