Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Triangle Triathlon





I did the Triangle Triathlon last Sun. It was a sprint race, 750m swim, 15 mile bike, and a 5K run. Overall I felt like it was a good race for me. Its kinda funny, but since I placed at the 4th of July race, I hung around thinking I may have placed for this one too. My ego got the best of me, 'cause my time of 1:19 placed me 24th out of 63 athletes in my age-group, which is very far from 1st through 3rd. The third place finisher had a time of 1:10. Oh well.

The swim was a big improvement for me. I swam a 15:50 which as a big improvement from last year when I did this same race in 21:35. The bike and run were really similar to last year w/ slight improvements. I had a 39:49 bike and 21:18 run. Last year my overall time was 1:26. I really need to lose some lbs, which will improve my run and bike results significantly, I think.

All in all it was a good race. Who knows, as I get older and hopefully more fit, and less heavy I may place at one of these thing.

No comments: