Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It's My Birthday!

Today is my birthday! I turned the big four-four today. As I move into the middle ages here are some random thoughts:

1) Life is good. Really good. God has given me all I need, and a whole bunch of my wants.
2) The companionship of my best friend, my wife Lisa is really important.
3) I am so fortunate to have my parents alive. My Dad, my Mom are such inspirations to me.
4) I hope I can be an inspiration to my family, my sister, my niece, my nephew.
5) Training, racing, working out help my health. Plus its fun!
6) One of these days, I hope to qualify for the Boston Marathon. It may take until I hit the 50+ age-group, but one of these days...
7) I really am enjoyng this trail running thing. The serenity, the connectedness w/ nature, camaraderie w/ fellow runners is so much more enhanced w/ trail running.
8) Today I will have an "attitude of gratitude".

No comments: