Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Geezer Pleezer






Last Sunday I ran in the Geezer Pleezer 4 mile road race. It was hosted the running club I belong to, Carolina Godiva Track Club. It was cold, I think in the 30's, but fun to see friends and hang out.

A little about Geezer Pleezer. This race is a staggered start where you're given a starting time offset based on your age/gender. Since I'm 44, my offset was 1:45. I think the biggest offset was to a wonderful lady that is 71 years young , she got a 16 minute headstart.

I ran a 28 min finishing time (7 min/mile). I was happy about that, especially since the week before I ran the Uwharrie race. I ended up in 23rd place out of 50 runners. I'm inspired in that the lady I mentioned earlier finished in 16th place. She ran a 40:34. What a lady!

No comments: