Monday, April 02, 2007

Training Ramp

I'm back into some serious bike mileage again. I got in a 4:20 ride last Sat and then a 3+ hour ride on Sun. My weekly mileage was at 176. That's like my peak during my IMAZ training ramp-up. If I can hold, and increase my weekly mileage to the 250 range, I think some good things are going to happen at IMWI.

Lately, I've been feeling really good. I did some fun stuff related to training like the Hyco Lake tri. I ended up next to last, but it was a lot of fun. About half of the folks were in an elite tri team. We had a killer cookout and I just soak in the good, positive vibes.

Also last Thursday, during my group run, Curt Clausen joined us. Curt is a former Olympian in the race-walker event. It was a trip because I was killing myself to hold a 7:50-8 min/mile pace and he was race-walking the same pace. That was something else.

Well not too much else going on. The pollen is fierce here in NC this time of year. A yellow dust covers everything.

Peace,
Rob

3 comments:

Robyn & Rachel said...

Hello from fellow Durham triathletes! Thanks for sharing your training stories.

rob said...

Thx! Durham is such a cool place. That is really important work your organization is doing to help uplift those less fortunate in our community. Good job. Also good job at Valdese too.

Anonymous said...

Rob,

Great work on the bike, its only April and you are already fit as hell. Keep it up!

peace,

John