Sunday, July 08, 2007

Back In The Mountains









What a weekend for cycling. Yesterday I went up to Wytheville, VA and did the Big Walker Century Ride. That was tough, though not as hard as BSG. The ride was billed as 8000' of climbing. I struggled though, pretty much after the first 35 miles. There was this climb of something like 1K-1.2K feet. I was hanging w/ the pack until that climb. Suffice it to say I was dropped like a sack of potatoes. But it was beautiful up there. We climbed up this winding road w/ all these awesome trees. I finished w/ a time of 5:46. Which was middle of the pack.

Today I went out for a 4 hour ride and got in 70 miles. This was the biggest week I've ever had cycling. My total for the week was 259.6 miles. I don't feel too bad, though my energy is somewhat low right now.

I've got a really good feeling about my IMWI prep. I've put in some serious work, much more then I did for IMAZ. John Hirsch my coach really pushed me this year. I think its going to pay off. I'm about 2 months out, and I feel myself peaking. Especially my cycling.

Well thats all for now.


Peace,
Rob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God that profile looks like a saw! Mountains make you strong. GOOD WORK.

John