Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July

Right now I'm just lounging, checking out some other blogs about IM training. SimplyStu has a good one. He's doing IMMoo also, so I've got to check in on him a bit more. I like the training tips and knowledge he has of the course.

Today was a good day for training. I got in a 2500 yd swim at 5:30AM, then did the Firecracker 100K bike ride. That ride was some fun. It was advertised as over 1000 riders and we had a beautiful NC summer day w/ low humidity. I started down the street from the start as too avoid getting stuck in the back and rode w/ the lead group the whole way. We averaged 23.8 mph. I didn't go to the front I just stayed in the pack. My fitness felt good in that I never felt like I was gonna blow up. I did this ride back in 2005 and it took me 3:26, this year it was 2:40. I do have to admit that I got lost in 2005 for a minute and didn't ride in a huge pack the whole way.

All of my bike training must be paying some dividends. I've gotten in 5 rides of 100+ miles, including a 120 miler last weekend. This Sat I'm heading back to the mountains to do the Big Walker Century in Whyteville, VA. Its billed as 8000' of climbing. I got get ready for IMMoo 'cause its a hilly course.

That's all for now. Big ups to my niece Lauren. Happy birthday girl. Your uncle loves ya!

Peace,
Rob

No comments: