Sunday, August 19, 2007

Three Up, Three Down

I finished the last of my Final Prep workouts yesterday. It was a 4 hour race simulation ride + 2 hour brick run. Man that was hard. I tried to talk my coach out of doing this workout and just subbing a 112 miler w/ 3 mile run-off. He was like I need this workout, to run the marathon and not walk.

I walked a bunch last year at IMAZ. In fact, during IMAZ, it seemed like as soon as I came out of T2, I couldn't run even to the first aid station w/o walking. I want IMMoo to be different. I'm coming off that bike and will be running.

The high yesterday was 90F and it took its toll on me. I tried to run the whole 2 hours, but I have to admit I stopped and walked for a little bit. My stomach wouldn't absorb a large gulp of water/sports drink and I walked so I could get some gastric emptying. I felt pretty good on the bike, even w/ this being the last of the 3 hard weeks.

Mentally, I should be relieved, but I feel an inner angst that I can't seem to get rid of. Its like I'm just angry so much. Its weird, cause I'll be nice and calm, peaceful and then any little nuisance sets me off into anger. I don't know if its the training or what, but I want my serenity back. I'm afraid I'm gonna end up divorced if I don't chill.

Well enough of that, that crap is depressing. On the other hand, its taper baby!!!! I am so relieved it finally here. IMMoo I'm ready. Now its time to let me body recover and heal up and get strong.

Peace,
Rob

2 comments:

Pam Sinel said...

wow you did a sick workout in HOT weather. I cant wait to see what you are going to do in wisconsin!! the hay is in the barn now. enjoy the taper.

rob said...

You know P, I think our coach John likes to give us pain. I was wondering how u digging that Guru?