Monday, August 11, 2008

Gold Baby!


I wanted to watch this race live, so bad, but after getting in a 5 hour ride, 30 min run, 30 min swim on Sunday, and then running some errands with Lisa, I couldn't stay awake. But I got up early this morning and watched it on the 'net and I had to fight back not yelling and waking up everybody. I saw the prelims during the afternoon, and did let out some yelling, but couldn't stay awake for the finals. The prelims were awesome w/ my homeboy Cullen Jones swimming the fastest leg, but the finals were completely bananas. The French were talking smack about how they were going to "smash" the US team...

The finals were on now. Oh man, WOW, the USA 4x100m relay finals were completely awesome. Gold! I was totally pulling for this team, especially since North Carolina was represented on the team by Cullen Jones, who swam the 3rd leg. I'm really proud of my homeboy. Okay, he's really from NYC, but since he graduated from NC State, I'm gonna claim him anyway. Much props to the whole team, especially, Jason Lezak. JL put in much work on that anchor leg. It was the fastest in history!

One,
Rob

3 comments:

Donald said...

Great workout for you on Sunday! Yes, this race was incredible... so glad to see Cullen kickin' it!
I think I watched this race at least 12 times. You just can't get enough of their celebration! The adrenalin and the goose bumps just keep flowing. GO USA!

rob said...

Hi Donald, good seeing you Sunday. The ride wasn't too bad after the rain stopped; the temps were pretty good. I know what you mean about the 4x100 relay video. Man, that was incredible. USA is looking real good this Olympics. Now I'm pulling for Phelps to get his 8 golds. Good luck up at the WVa mountain ride.

Franklin said...

Yeah Rob, here have been some some real clutch USA performances lately. It must have been really hard for you to not yell when you were watching the race, haha!

Have you ever tried 6 Hour Power? Whenever I want to stay awake, I take one of their energy shots and it works great (that's how I've been staying up to watch the Olympics live). I work for them and am happy to say that their drinks are sugar free, have zero calories, and come in 5 different flavors too. They make a great 'pick me up' and enhance concentration. Check them out at http://www.6hrpower.com/

By the way, I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. Just wanted to give you the tip! If you have any questions or would like more info feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

Franklin Keane
Brand Ambassador
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com