Thursday, December 04, 2008

What Am I Getting Myself Into?

Well I finally put my race application in the mail for my first ultramarathon, the Holiday Lake 50K ++. I'm not sure what the ++ is all about. I think I wasn't entirely sure if I wanted to do an ultra, but now that my application is in the mail, its time to start seriously start stacking up the training miles.

An ultramarathon is any distance that exceeds a marathon, 26.2 miles. The Holiday Lake race is 50 kilometers ~31 miles. This will be my first ultra. I'm a kinda wondering how this is going to work out, but that's the fun about it right? Seeing just how far you can go.

My bud Lloyd told me during the group run last Tues that it won't be bad at all, but man I don't know. That's a lot of miles on my feet running (probably a lot of walking too). Then also one of the bloggers I follow, Dr. Marc & Tanya do these things. I think I got geeked up hearing about the ultra experience and wanted to do one myself.

Now the question is should I run from home to the Thurs night group run or drive up there? Might as well get ready. I'll run from home.

Peace,
Rob

3 comments:

Lloyd said...

Awesome! You won't regret it... unless you get a blister :)

Dr. Marc and Tanya said...

Man! No worries you will do fine. Your an Ironman!! Your body is ready, it's only 5 more miles :)right!
Have fun!!
MJ

Pam said...

That is awesome!!!! You never know maybe one of these days I will say Rob Moody put the bug in my ear to do an ultra... you know you were definitely part of my inspiration to do IMLP. Good luck with the training!